7.23.2006

Welcome to Red Slice!

Direct from my imagination, observation, fascination, and - in many cases - frustration, I am proud to launch Red Slice. Red Slice is a delicious buffet of San Francisco (and life) musings from a 30-something, newly married (or as I like to say, "recently un-singled") urbanite. I've been in the Bay Area almost seven years, surviving the dot.com debauchery and bust as well as the Marina singles scene. Over the past few years, I've joyfully pursued my writing and acting passions, having published articles on everything from fine dining to wineries, and acted in various community theatre productions. By day, I am a Director of Corporate Marketing for a Silicon Valley software firm. By nights and weekends, I try to feed my creative beast with writing, theatre, eating, and shopping.

This redhead has finally taken the plunge and carved out her own little "slice of the cyberspace pie" so I hope you will share my adventures as I plunge into this whole blog thing. I'll dish on the best restaurants and bars in town, promote innovative community theatre and other art, share my independent article writing, and generally just wax poetic (which is a fancy way of saying "rant and rave") about anything - traffic on 101, film, the dating scene, art, Sundance 2007, family life. While the sassy 30-something city gal point of view may have been done to death, we all have a unique viewpoint in the world and I'm just looking to add my voice to the chorus. I hope you will, too.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello to one Slice from another :)

Anonymous said...

Nice to read a little about your life, Maria. Looking forward to following your blog.
-Carole