10.02.2007

Sofaless in Seattle

Hello from the Pacific Northwest! Guess what? It's raining. No, really.

I'm excited to finally be in Seattle after months of anticipation. I'm less excited about the move in process. Everything went swimmingly, except for the sofa which would not make the turn into the living room. So it needs to be rigged over our balcony (thank god we have one). For now, it's resting comfortably in our garage. Should get moved today.

I'm embarking on a new adventure of working from home and also being completely carless. While this did not phase me at all in SF, right now, I have no idea where anything is or the bus schedule. But I did find an adorable coffee "hut" 2 blocks away with a barista who knows everyone's name and drink selection. And I walked to Fremont for lunch yesterday and found Baja Fresh and the grocery store. Little steps, little steps.

We're so looking forward to discovering all the new places to eat, drink and play around our new city. It smells like autumn here, with the trees starting to turn, the lush dampness on the ground, and the crisp chill in the air. We've already discovered a great Sushi/Japanese spot in Queen Anne. More to explore as the weeks and month progress.

No comments: