7.02.2007

Curtains Up

The ground has thawed, the spring has sprung and summer is in full swing. The solstice has come and gone....and with it, my respite from "the theatre". But hark! What is that? Yes, that sound you hear is another fun SF theatre production! Hurrah! I just got cast in Thunderbird Theatre Company's "Aaah! Rosebud" - a comic rendition of Citizen Kane in a snappy "Philadelphia Story"-type rat-a-tat-tat rhythm. And there's zombies. Duh, what comedy is complete without them? It was written by KFOG's own Peter Finch and even he was happy to get a small role in his own play.

Seriously, I was very excited to get invited to join. I almost thought I didn't make the cut, since I got the call a day after the official "if you don't hear from us, you did not get cast" deadline. But joy of joys, they gave me the plum role of Esther. All I know of her is she is an aspiring diva who can't act and who sleeps with the director to get the role. Jennifer Tilly, I'm channeling you!

This seems like a fun and fearless bunch and I'm looking forward to the challenge. I did after all throw all inhibition to the wind during the audition and bust out "Footloose" at the top of my lungs while dancing around the room as a caffeinated cheerleader (which is kind of like bungy jumping in my book - after doing that in a room full of strangers, I think I can do almost anything). I haven't yet seen the script, but buy your tickets anyway!

1 comment:

Sarah Granger said...

Love the "Bullets Over Broadway" reference. Congrats! Can't wait to see it.