7.27.2007

Seattle Bound

Yes, loyal Red Slice readers (my mom, Carrie, Angela, Peter Finch....) it's true. The Red Slice is moving north to Seattle. After 8 wonderfully crazy, happy, nutty years in the Bay Area, I am leaving my heart and taking the rest of me to the Emerald City. My husband and I are very excited by the new adventure and all that it entails - including exploring a whole new variety of restaurants, bars, wineries, and farmers markets.

No one can ever really say they've done everything there is to be done in SF (if you can, you are lying) and the friends who have left before me did so with a few uncrossed items on their "Must Do Before I Leave" list. I'm sure I will as well. But what does my list even look like? Hmmmmm....

I have been so busy lately with my new play, just wrapping a student short film, mortgage/househunting, and work, I really haven't had time to think about this. It seems so "final" like I will never come back again. And that is truly not the case. My job is still based here and more importantly, so are good friends. With a less than 2 hour plane ride, there really is no excuse.

What I like about "the list" is that I can even have one. I'm glad I felt I lived life to the fullest here and STILL did not get to everything I wanted to do. That's a city I can get on board with: one where you never stop making discoveries, never get bored, and constantly feel like you are learning new things.

If that's the case, I have a feeling I'm really going to love Seattle!

No comments: